Re: EchoLoop in Live -- any lick MIDI mapping with the FCB1010?

Andy, what is the URL?

-----Original Message----- From: andy butler
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 1:08 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Fw: EchoLoop in Live -- any lick MIDI mapping with the
FCB1010?

Dennis,
the doc is posted, already,
but doesn't have the screenshots.

I'll see if I can fix that.

andy

Dennis Moser wrote:
Andy,

Could you post those as "docs" on the Facbook page, too?

Thanks!

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com
http://usrslashsbin.angrek.com/

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
hi Kris,
Per's right.
Ableton is a tech support nightmare because people really
want to use midi-learn/midi-map.
They don't help at all, you need to pass the midi straight through
to the plugin.
...and the fcb1010 has to be programmed as if for a Hardware EDP.

If you *have* got midi-learn stuff set-up then it can only interfere
with how it all should work.

Essentially, you just need to plug your virtual midi cable into the plugin.
(except that the UI in Ableton isn't all that user friendly).

I'll send you a copy of my HOWTO off-list (it has screenshots that don't
travel by mailing list).

andy

Per Boysen wrote:
Can't you change in Live how it should interpret the MIDI event,
momentary or not? If clicking down at the bottom of the MIDI learn
screen - I've done that a lot here.

But generally I think you will save a lot of unnecessary if you use
the EchoLoop as Mathias intended it - like a software EDP clone bound
to react with its actions to pre specified MIDI note events.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM, Boise Creative & Improvised Music