Re: Little mixer and FX suggestions

On May 10, 2012, at 3:43 AM, "Stephen Goodman" <spgoodman@earthlight.net>
wrote:

> I’ve been using a Mackie 1202VLZ for around 12 years.  My only complaint
> is that the two effects sends are mono... thus my Quadraverb takes up
> the whole compliment if hooked up that way.  It integrates with a PC
> setup though not through optical/usb etc.  Solid as a rock, though.

That's been my observation on most mixers (though I think the Rane line
mixer has a stereo send). My Mackie 1642 has extra stereo busses that can
then be used for stereo effects but it's overkill and my "portable" rack
has a 1202. (The 1642 is, however, one of the first pieces of equipment
that I got where I found myself saying "I am so happy I got this." Guitars
and effects and loopers and so forth all have clear and immediate returns
on investment. With a mixer, the benefit is generally more subtle and
hence when you realize it more significant.) What I do miss on my 1202
relative to the 1642 is the insert on the main buss. I like using my TC
Electronic M300 for both reverb and A/D conversion and on the 1642 I can
do that and still have a level control before feeding my monitors. I can't
do that on the 1202.

Mark