R: Why NOT Looping has been good for me.

HI, Id like to answer your questions and give my little tribute to the
discussion:

>- 1. First of all, I have played much more often together with other
>people.
Compared to making music happen together with real people, looping by
myself
was more of an autistic experience - a lot of fun, but mostly self-serving.

It's possibile to loop with other people, and to enjoy very much doing it!
we
have done it for years with 2-3-4-5-6... musicians and i'm doing it by
now.
I consider it a more interesting way to use live looping, more relaxed and
more discreet.

>- 2. I actually get to practice my real instruments more thoroughly.
>Instead
of i.e. looping overdubs, it can be more challenging to actually try to
play
polyphonic etc.

True, I agree with you

>- 3. I actually spend more time with real music. Not with technical
>looping
gear details but with simply directly playing music and immersing into
music.

I think that The important thing is not to have a too immersive tecnical
approach, but more relaxed end more improv, for me i think that is also
importat
to use simple gears and simple apporach without t doing diffccoult
sincronism
etc etc.

excuse me for mistakes and  my poor english.

Massimo