Re: RC-2 to PA needs DI box?

Buzap Buzap wrote:
Thanks again for all your responses.
It's interesting that there is a gap between theory ("should work") and practice
("DI is better").

The gap is...we don't know how good the output buffer on the R2 is.
...or how good the cable.

Also, if you needed to drive a long cable run to a FOH mixer then
converting
to balanced line with a DI might make all the difference.

Another thing to bear in mind is that if you have a DI box on your
gear list the pa engineer will be happier.
If you don't, he may blame any poor sound you get on lack of DI,
even if that isn't the case.

...but essentially I think you get it, that you try it and if it works
for you it's good :-)

andy

best regards
Buzap