plan, schedule and instructions for the Looper's Delight / Livelooping Conference 2012

Hello, everybody! It has been decided as far as when the Looper's Delight
/
Livelooping Conference 2012 is going to be. The following message contains
the time and instructions on
how to log in. I will repost this closer to the end of the month as a
reminder, but try to save this information now.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 2, 2012 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM US
Eastern Time. This is the Looper's Delight / Livelooping Conference.
People will get to talk in
real-time about audio loops, different ways to use them, loop history and
culture, and much more. If
you have your equipment on hand during the digital conference, you can
create loops live on the spot for all
to hear. Remember, this conference will be recorded. We will be using the
Conversation Station conference system. The
instructions are found below; go ahead, it doesn't hurt to practice
logging in before the chat! Logging
into an empty chatroom doesn't hurt the server.
Log in to Conversation Station. Dial the following phone number to get
there: 1-616-883-2999. You
will hear some sound. Skip all that intro and advertising nonsense at the
beginning by pressing Pound. It will
tell you "Press 1 for live rooms." This is a live room, so press 1. It
will then ask you
to enter the room code and press Pound. This particular channel is 5667
(the easy way to remember
5667 is that, on a phone, it spells L O O P). So, dial 5667, and press
Pound.
You will then hear my voice on a recording, introducing the Looper's
Delight / Livelooping
Conference. After the welcome recording, it will tell you what's next.
"Please say your name, then
press Pound." Once you do that, voila! You are in the chat room. Any time
you need help with
Conversation Station commands (such as muting yourself) just hit Star
twice while you're in the chat room. It will
temporarily sign you off, and an electronic voice will tell you your
commands. Then it will
automatically sign you back into the chat. When the show is over (or you
are done with the chat), it will sign
you off when you hang up, but we recommend pressing 0 (the exit command in
Conversation Station) first.  So,
Saturday, June 2, 2012, 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Time.
Tyler Z