Re: Kitara MIDI guitar

I have a Sonuus GM2, a little unit that cost about $100, that is a guitar to MIDI converter - no hex pickup required.  You can't play chords, and you do have to pick cleanly, but it tracks quite well and it's a really cheap way to get a foot in the door of MIDI.  I'm mostly using it to drive a Waldorf Blofeld and a Dave Smith Mopho.

From: "Dennis Moser" <sinsofmachaut@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:45:13 PM
Subject: Re: Kitara MIDI guitar

Ditto on the Godin xtSA synth access guitar. A lot of the fine
tweaking comes down to playing technique; musical styles enters into
the mix, too.

I use it with a GI-20 that drives an XV-8080 and any soft synths
(working on getting it to drive the iPad next) and Plogue bidules, a
GR-1, and a VG-88.

No complaints other than lusting after an Axon unit which is said to
be a little faster than the Rolands.

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin