EDP Nextloop

I've dug out one of my trusty EDPs and had the footpedal switches replaced, I can now use it in my band rehearsal room (where I don't use laptop and plugins).

One thing that occurred to me is that I never used Nextloop. Could someone please point me to the correct usage of this feature for a rhythmical, song oriented structure - which settings do I need to be able (e.g. Loopcopy) to first create a copy of my first loop that I can then modify, or to create a second loop that fits the first one, rhythmically, and how do I seamlessly switch between them? I played with this for a while and it never switched in time.

-Michael