Re: Midi and Mobius Question

The usual problem with Live is routing MIDI events into Mobius.
When you run Mobius as a plugin you normally let the host control
the MIDI devices and then arrange to have the host pass MIDI to the plugin.
Each host does this differently.  In Live the usual configuration
is to insert Mobius into an audio track, then configure a MIDI track to
receive on your desired device, then have the MIDI track route what
it receives to the audio track containing Mobius.  I don't have Live in
front of me but there should be a little "Output" or "Send" button
somewhere
in the MIDI track, click it and select the name of the audio track
that Mobius is in.

If you've done all that you then have to be careful not to select
MIDI events that Live is responding to.  Live will take those and not pass
them to the plugins.

If you are having this problem running Standalone then it's a mystery.  It
could
be that routing through the "rotary thing" is messing with the
messages in some way.  Have you programmed the FCB to send program changes,
notes, or control changes?  If notes, make sure both the note on and note
off are making it through.  I use this to monitor MIDI events coming into
the
Mac to make sure they are what I expect:

http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

Oh, and check to see if the bindings are being saved.  Something a lot
of people (including myself) forget to do is click the little "New" button
to add the binding to the list.  Just selecting a target and using MIDI
learn
isn't enough you also have to click New.

If none of that explains it then send me this file:

   /Library/Application Support/Mobius/mobius.xml

Jeff