Re: Describing Your Music

I say, "techno/ambient pop". There are so many subgenres of these, it's hard to nail it down.
rig

From: Jason Fistner <jason.fistner@gmail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:20 PM
Subject: Describing Your Music

Hey all

Forgive me if this has been discussed before. I did try searching but it's either broken or I was doing it wrong.

Whenever someone finds out I make music the first question is, "What kind of music do you play?".
To which I usually respond with something like, "Uhhh... I don't really know. Looping, instrumental stuff?"
This doesn't go over well. It doesn't sit well with me either.
Any one else face this problem?
Do you use "looping" when describing your music?

I improvise a lot and it can get pretty weird but usually it's something like this
 http://soundcloud.com/jasonfistner/4-feb
if you're curious.

Thanks.