Re: loops with a drummer?

excellent breakdown of the facts of drummers with loops Rick, thanks... I
agree with all of that

I would add Scenario C because I don't like having my rhythm gtr be the
time keeper. Allow me to explain.

When I play rhythm guitar with a drummer in a groove oriented band with no
looper, the drummer is, of course, the time keeper and I am usually
somewhat behind the drums on purpose, for grooviness, you know like on
everyone's favorite soul music records. That's just how I feel it. So, for
my rhythm guitar to be the time keeper with the drummer following always
sounds odd to me. That's why I use a click, that the audience doesn't
hear, to keep the beat. In my experience, that frees up the loopist from
being the time keeper and can lead to a much more authentic groove... by
authentic I mean, closer to what a gtr player playing with a drummer being
the time keeper with no looper or click would feel like.

The purpose of my post was to ask everyone if they knew a better technical
way to feed a click to the drummer. I've been using the RC-50 for a while
now and it's been fun, but I want more possibilities from the looper side
of things. Is there a piece of gear that is not an RC-50 or a laptop that
will do this (I already know how to do it with either of those things).
Maybe the LP-1?

thanks for chiming in everyone, very interesting posts.