Re: Looping with the LP1

kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com schrieb:
Quoting Anders Bergdahl <anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com>:

Cool and great sounding stuff.. very interesting melodies.
Btw - how do you achieve a 14tet synth? I would love to break out of the 12tet limitations..Any more info on you modular?
A great listen.. thanks,
Anders

This is easy to do on an analog synthesizer. On some digital synthesizers, one can control the "Cents per step" to change the "Cents per step" to 85 (1200/14) to enable 14-tet.
Very belated comment on that, but:
A synth family that does that in a very flexible fashion is everything E-mu based on the EIII architecture (afaik, EIII, Proteus and every synth or sampler after that). Here, you can assign a pitch to every MIDI note over the entire range of the synthesizer in several user-defined tunings. It also comes with several presets, some of which are not 12/octave (e.g. 19 per octave). Apart from that, I have to admit that I don't know which other synthesizers offer this - I would assume the K2600 can do it (can it, Kevin?), but didn't check. The Nord Modular of course can (being a kinda-modular), the Q as far as I remember can't but for others: Wavestation? Virus? FS1R? Matrix? Prophecy? But this only goes to show that I don't know enough about my synthesizers...

            Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs