Galactic Travels Playlist #779 for March 8, 2012.

http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2012/120308.html

Galactic Travels is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that
airs each Thursday at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem,
PA, 93.9 FM in Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville
and Trexlertown, and webcasting on the internet.  WDIY also broadcasts
in Digital HD at 88.1 FM.

                Show #779                March 8, 2012.
WDIY Playlist:http://wdiy.org/shows/playList.jsp?id=8478

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on Mark Jenkins.  The
Featured CD at Midnight was "Moog Meditations" on AMP Records.
http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2012/focus.html#mar

I also played music by artists appearing soon at the Soundscapes Concert
Series; Mark Jenkins, Wave World, and BK&S.        http://soundscapes.us

PLAYLIST:

11:04 pm
ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Kevin Braheny        Starflight 1 *       Galaxies (Hearts of Space)
Broekhuis, Keller    From Red To Green    Red (Manikin)
  and Schonwalder
Mystified            Counting the Minutes Life Is a Carnival
                                            (Attenuation Circuit)
Wave World           If I Could Travel    Tableaux (VFR)
                       Through Time
Wave World           Waters From the      Tableaux (VFR)
                       Waters
Monty Adkins         Sendai Threnody      Four Shibusa (Audiobulb)

12:00 am
ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Mark Jenkins         Lux Aeterna          Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         Endless Space        Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         Zen Garden           Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         Hearts of Celtia     Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         Shaman's Dance       Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         EarthSong            Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         Acceptance           Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         Joy of Life          Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         Will I Dream?        Moog Meditations (AMP)
Mark Jenkins         Affirmation          Moog Meditations (AMP)

1:00 am

 * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist
-- = Background music under interview

NEXT SHOW:
On the next Galactic Travels, I'll continue the month-long focus on Mark
Jenkins. The Featured CD at Midnight will be "This Island Earth" on
Ricochet Dream.

Bill
Host of Galactic Travels, an electronic, ambient, and space music show,
Thursdays at 11:04 pm EST/GMT-5 on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and
Bethlehem, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg, and on 93.7 FM in
Trexlertown and Fogelsville.  WDIY also broadcasts in HD Digital Radio
on 88.1 FM.
Galactic Travels web site: http://galactictravels.info
Listen to WDIY at http://wdiy.org/listen on-line.