Re: Richard Lainhart memorial

On Feb 28, 2012, at 6:24 AM, Jim Goodin wrote:

Some of you may know of Richard Lainhart (http://oldtownmedia.com) who passed away in December.

Correction Dept.-
http://www.otownmedia.com/he/he.html

:-)

Sounds like he was a pretty amazing guy. I was not aware of him, previously. Thanx for the alert, even on a sad note. His work still lives on...

Cheers-
Rev.Fever
Portlandia
http://www.spiritone.com/~rvfever
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/elemental1
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/elemental2
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/skult

There is a memorial service taking place this Sunday Mar 4 at 3pm at Roulette in Brooklyn.

In addition to his dedication to synthesis and electronic music Richard was also a filmmaker. One film of his History of the Future will be shown. There will be a live improv orchestra organized by Lucio Menegon, which I'm pleased to be part of, providing a sound score for this work.

The service is open to the public and should you be in the area please consider coming to remember the life and work of Richard.

Jim