Re: Keeping your sets interesting

On the whole I don't think one should worry too much about "being boring". I have no doubt that for many many people,my concerts are the dullest thing since a holiday on a caravan site, but I should say tha me doing video projections is not really something that Im using to my my shows less boring. Its just something Ive always been interested in.

Of course if you are concerned about what the audience is thinking, (and believe me Ive had those gigs - especially in the US, when my old band was booked to play at some redneck town, with a grill in front of the stage, just like in Blues Brothers... we were VERY worried how our miserable goth anthems would go down, my god.. I dont even know what Freebird sounds like, let alone play it)
But the best thing is just to stand there, cold as fuck, and play... if YOU think tat you should drone on for 20 minutes before you change chord... DO IT! And believe me, ONE person in he crowd will always think its awesome, sometimes 2, and sometimes they are girls, and have beer back at their place...  well.. OK.. that never happens,
But God... why are you here?
I dont mean on this list...
I mean on this planet!!!
Don't know?
No.. no one does.. so you might as well enjoy it right?

So your show is what Kaylon? You sitting behind a laptop pushing a mouse around..? ok cool.. I love that shit... If I have ONE thing to say on the matter, Do something.. ANYTHING.. that PROVES to the audience that what you are doing is live... they like that... make a mistake, and turn it to your advantage... I dont know where you come from or what you are up against, maybe you are the only one for 50 miles radius that is doing what you do.. but... hey.. that makes you unique..!!

Dont worry so much about being boring... just dont get bored yourself...

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com