Re: Opinions on music theory

Yes, that's a good point! Giving that music theory actually is a fix,
a workaround... a shortcut! Someone pointed out that folk music can be
very complex and yet doesn't require performers to master theory to
play it. That's because for those players that music isn't "complex"
but part of their cultural heritage. Someone from another part of the
world might still need theory to pull off pieces in that tradition.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen