Re: OT: Music School/Theory

I think it's definitely possible. It somewhat happened to me. After
getting into a classical song that I learned for piano, I suddenly found
myself looking down on dubstep and other electronic music i previously
loved. I've managed to, with hopes and prayers, force myself back in love
with electronic music and now I have a broader appreciation for many music
genres. So yes it think its definitely possible to degrade your favorites
after learning theory but if you can remind yourself that music doesnt
have to be complex or text book you will regain that joy but in a more
knowledgeable state.

Kaylon