Re: To those who make a living off of music

On Feb 16, 2012, at 2:29 PM, mark francombe wrote:
> And DONT SAY IT.. its so f***ing obvious to say, "but you dont learn
> what you need to at college, the software will be out of date before I
> leave, better to be self taught nah nah nah"
> BULL... scuse me but really SHIT!

ya... I agree.... college is supposed to stretch your brain... and life...
so if it hurts you to learn theory, that's just you growing. Anything that
hurts your brain will benefit you when you get past the pain. After you
realize that, you just learn more and get excited when you don't know
something... cause it's another thing you can wrap your head around.

studying with only one teacher boot camp style, while a good thing for all
the reasons Rick said... is in no way a replacement for a great music
school. totally different thing.

I took a semester off from college after my freshman year to come live in
NYC and study with all my favorite NYC guitar players.... it was great.
stretched me in a different way than college... they're not the same
though... totally different situations.

Teddy