Re: Octotrack versus Live

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Antony Hequet <antony.hequet@orange.fr>
wrote:
> So you have everything built into one giant piece with subsections then?

I use one session view setup, yes. Last concert, down in Instanbul, we
did ten or twelve pieces and I had set the clips to go "next" all the
way, like a vertical scrolling down. Each piece stops when the last
row of clips have played. Then we might go on  for a while with live
looping, or not. Clips can contain either audio file, MIDI control
data for some processes needing to be automized or clip envelopes. It
doesn't matter how wide the session page is because you don't neeed to
see everything anyway and it doesn't matter how high the page is
because you can scroll. I just fail to see what the limitation would
be there. I tend to set up Live projects in  a way that I can stuff
away the computer and not need to look much at the screen. Using
colors is a good strategy.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com