Octotrack versus Live

Hello,
After performing with Live a few times I am considering not having a
computer on stage anymore. Walking over to the beast to load the next
song, being drawn into the screen, just takes away from "being here now"
with the public.
Plus I had a couple of nothing is happening let's reboot experiences.
How does the octotrack perform switching from one piece to the next. Do
you have to manipulate or can you just send a pg change? Can you have more
than 8 prerecorded parts ready to go at the reception of a midi message?
Does it feel more solid? How does it perform as a looper?
How do you Live guys switch pieces without turning techie?

Antony Hequet
Poet composer