Re: OT -if you release a digital album and no one hears it does it make a sound? (CD Baby)

I've been signed up with CD Baby for mnay years now and the service is great and they are truly dedicated to trying to help indy musicians of all kinds as much possible and I've never,
ever had even one problem w/ CDB if any kind.

Also, the DD sales of my 2 Elemental CDs and my Skult CD (as a DD only so far) far outpaced the sales of the physical products long ago which is just fine by me, although I am also OK w/ any physical products sales as well, of course. CDB also ALWAYS PAYS ON TIME and you can set up just about any time payments arrangement etc that you want to.

And, the initial sign up fee goes towards CDB building a page for your album which is a bargain when you consider how much web designers etc charge for pretty much the same thing, along with all of the other services and help that CDB provides.

Also, I would estimate that about 99% of those who work at CD Baby ARE MUSICIANS themselves and not some music "industry" corporate hacks. I've been to the CDB location here in Portlandia many times and it is about as far from being some soul less music "industry" operation as it gets, but is still run VERY professionally. A great "balance".

CDB also does a lot more to help as well, such as sending out helpful E-newsletters with all kinds of tips and useful info for the indy musician, which I would dare to estimate makes up a large portion of those in the LD community. :-)

Disclaimer Dept.-
I do not work at or for CDB and do not personally know anyone who does. I just think it is one of the better music biz entities around, if not the best, for indy musicians.
Definitely REVcommended. :-)

Cheers-
Rev. Fever
Portandia,OR