Re: Alternative approaches to arrangement/composition?

I think the loop is an excellent process for composing; I find the integration with say, a pop structure can be a little daunting technologically, but beyond that I find it quite helpful.

-----Original Message----- From: Marcus Kirby
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 7:21 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Alternative approaches to arrangement/composition?

I generally loop guitar, get the skeleton of the drums/bass, then
arrange via adding/subtracting.

Does anyone have any different philosophies/methods that they use for
arranging and composing? Borrowing techniques from different fields,
maybe something like compositions based on "game of life" or art, or
whatever.

Sorry for being vague, but I don't even know what exists.