Best way to set up a POD HD500 and Boomerang III for recording

Right now, I have the HD500 (in the mail) first and the Boomerang last in the chain.  This way, I can setup up loops with different tones.  The con is I can't take advantage of the HD500's outputs for direct recording to the computer.  I have a two channel Mackie Blackjack interface to record with.  My understanding is I can take a 1/4" output from the Boomerang and run it into the Blackjack.  However, for gigs, I'd have to use a DI to go front of house.

For those familiar with these pedals, can you confirm that this is the best setup for direct recording?  Thanks!!!
Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
http://www.mikefugazzi.com
Facebook