Re: Unidentified subject!

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM, F_Anile <eterogenus@gmail.com> wrote:
you'll see this title "craft is gone".
Since I mostly consider myself as a musician, that's a point often present in my mind.
I wonder what do you think about that statement.

The film is excellent, but very... um ... cynical.
Remember Art (and Craft) is primarily for yourself. Of course leaning to play the Lute, is pointless if all you want to do is "sound like a lute". But if you want to play the Lute, you still need craft.

I dont HAVE to hire actors now... I COULD program digital ones, but frankly its much more boring, and thats it, you dont HAVE to become good at anything, but that thing that your love to do, will be worth doing for real.

Read the Diamond Age by Neil Stevenson. IN a world where all things can now be created, diamonds for example, in the kitchen, by programming the Nano-oven, and adding carbon...then, eventually wood, real wood... from trees becomes a status item.

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com