Re: Panic Mode

one thing i do is to warm up and play backstage for 10-15 minutes...get things loose... flowing... even at home - that first 15 minutes feels like it lifts a weight off my playing.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Laurie Amat <voicesound@att.net> wrote:
Whoa there buckaroo.  I know what you're feeling. I've felt that way. One thing to think about is that it's good you got that out of your system before your performance. Next, just rev up the machine and do something loud and goofy for about 10 or 15 minutes. That'll get your sexy up. And then, remember to use the space and situation you're playing in to tell you what you're meant to play. All you have to do is play the truth, let your real person come out, and remember most of all, you deserve to be up there, no flaking, no judges. Give them a big fat kick in the junk and use their high voices for inspiration.

Failure? Shmailure! The audience wants you to be great, so just be...