Re: Software question: 3d party tremolo plugin?

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Simeon Harris
<simeonharris40@googlemail.com> wrote:
> replaced with "dynamo". it's $29 though -
> http://www.sinevibes.com/dynamo/

Thank you for that suggestion, Sim! Also a bit of overkill for this
particular need but I think I'll go for this one anyway. After reading
the PDF manual I'm sure I will find it very useful in a lot of other
projects. And due to its functionality specification one can assume it
is pretty light on the CPU. A good thing too is that it is in the AU
format because that makes it more compatible for me.

> i thought you had the soundtoys stuff, anyway...does tremolator not do
> what you want?

No, I'm afraid all the SoundToys plugins do not report the "rate"
parameter to the host - such a shame! They are more tools aimed at
producing a recording where you typically mute one instance and
un-mute a new instance of the same plugin but set to a different
preset. What I need now is a playable tempo division (sync rate)
parameter for live use. So for now I will guess I will use Dynamo with
only the two first steps of this 32 step sequencer :-))

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Sylvain Poitras
<sylvain.trombone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like you might like audio damage's panstation
> http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/product.php?pid=AD028

Audiodamage is a company with a great vision. I already have some of
their plugins, even discontinued ones ;-)  but the Panstation is just
a bit too much under the hood for me. I rather prefer to set up the
routing externally in the host system. And it is expensive! By god
that's a big bunch of pizzas!!!

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> trying to tell me you cant get that effect in stutter edit? or is that a
> bit
> of a heavyweight load just for a trem?

Yep too heavy on the CPU. And I don't "want to get that effect", I
want to play it! Stutter Edit draws on the concept of pre prepared
sweeps of processes that you trigger by launching a preset. I need to
clearly hear the time division in order to instantly match it against
my playing and live looping. Can't be too complicated patterns then.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> But wait, didnt you say your host is Bidule? (I dont know Bidule but...)
> cant you grab a amplifier (vca) and feed it an LFO? or if you want
> synched,
> a ADSR... isnt this what Bidule is made for?

Yes, that's an option... but oh so boring....

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:38 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> Chopan

Thanks you for mentioning this interesting plugin, but you already
mentioned why it won't fit in for this special project :-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen