Re: How to Connect the iPad to a looping rig

On Jan 19, 2012, at 2:25 AM, andy butler wrote:

The 1/8in in male to 1/4in female adapters are inadvisable for mechanical reasons,
either they break or they damage the i-pod if stressed ....I wouldn't
recommend for gigging.

I have used 1/8 stereo cable (4ft) to 1/4 mono adaptor halfway plugged in and it can work.
Another thing I have used is 1/8 stereo cable to 1/4 stereo adaptor and you plug the adaptor halfway in to the amp to get mono channel.
Inelegant studio solutions of course but still quick and dirty functional solutions.
If you have the ipad on a stand then mechanically it should be okay.

If you are going to be walking or dancing around onstage with an ipad you would need wireless.

BobC