Re: Innerclock

"MIDI Clock" is one protocol for synchronization. Another standardl is
MIDI Time Code, MTC, known to be better and more often used in studio
environments. "Outside the box" we have analog systems like CV, analog
audio pulses sent through a cable (once favored by Vince Clark in
sequencing for its "way better timing than MIDI". That's because MIDI
is a linear protocol, meaning that if you send several notes played at
the same time they will not arrive to the playback unit at the same
time and this causes some other issues to deal with... the we can
leave out for now). When synchronizing analog gear or to an absolute
timeline, like for example a tape machine or film, the classic way is
to use SMTPE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers).
It's simply a time code that measures absolute time and you copy this
code to the master media (may it be a music recording or a film/video)
and then you apply a piece of gear that listens to this time code and
translates it to a musical time to be followed by the slaving devices.

Maybe this Innerlock Systems specialize in the translating stage? I
have to admit that I spontaneously gave up on their web site and never
invested the fifteen minutes for picking up a clue...

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen