Re: RE: How Do We Sabotage Our Live Performances

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Michael Peters wrote:
1. Recently I sabotaged myself by going away to get some food and
socializing with friends_before_  everything was set up, and then I had too
little time to set up in a relaxed way (I won't do that again)
I know this one well enough that I now have a strict pre-gig policy.

I politely tell people that I have a pre-performance meditation that helps
me to perform better and it involves not doing anything or hanging out to distract me from what is
to come next.  I tell them that  I'd love to hang out with
them after the performance is over and I've put my gear away.

Put this way, I find that people are generally supportive.
The people who aren't tend to be narcissistic and a bit emotionally vampiric and
I try not to worry about them being upset or judgmental of me.

rick walker