Re: How Do We Sabotage Our Live Performances

I know just what u mean. You think you've got it all planned out with
perfect ideas and a perfect state of mind, then you get to the stage and
almost have trouble remembering your name. I have a habit (when in front
of people) of tweaking knobs :o
My whole setup is laptop-midi based so I dont really have a problem with
gear failure. But when I'm in front of people I tend to spam the knob FX
to make it look like I'm doing a bunch of cool stuff. I lose my focus of
the music and the ability to bring out new musical ideas seems to just
stop. I think looping is really more of a practice of mental discipline
than anything else, otherwise it just feels like a hit & miss hobby.
That's something I think I need to work on badly.

Sent from my iPod