Re: Liking/Disliking your own music

You pretty much just completely explained the way I've felt for the past
week. Its like emotions blind us from things sometimes. I've recently
started meditating & praying every night and morning. Its amazing what
it's done and its only been 3 days. Even when it's been a bad day, at
night I can go to sleep with a smile after meditating because I took the
time to reflect all the things to be grateful for. I think its also a
great way to build self-esteem especially for music.

Sent from my iPod

On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

> On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, BC wrote:
>>  .......so now I record everything, and the next morning I
>> listen to it again. That's when I have a clear idea of whether what I
>> played
>> the night before is good, or whether it's a "What on earth was I
>> thinking?"
>> moment.
>>
>> In the creative process, there's nothing like walking away completely
>> and
>> then coming back when it comes to gaining perspective.
> I'm glad you mentioned this, Brian.
>
> It reminded me that years ago in the band Tao Chemical, we had
> musicians (including myself) who suffered
> from a fascistic self critical element in their personalities.
>
> We would be really emotional after a gig, especially if there were
> fuckups (and we were rehearsing
> 5 nights a week, religiously without cease so we were really, really
> tight and really, really critical) and arguments
> and fights would break out if we talked about things in the heat of the
> critical moment.
>
> It just kept happening and it was really, really unpleasant. . .

rick walker