Re: Comparing 2 items of control.

Mark,
One thing to consider is that touchOSC will run on a first gen iPod touch.  I have a couple of them lying around for that purpose and they can be had pretty cheap ($50-$70).  They also make little versions of that stand mount for the iPod/iPhone, but you can also strap one to your guitar.  Just a thought...  This way you could get both touchOSC and the gordius!
Sylvain