Re: OT/spam my Avant garde/ modern classical output for 2011

Andy! Thanks for the compliment!

To answer your questions:

a) Well, because I couldnt find any other description!

b) Because those are descriptions that invoke a tradition, a lineage which these ideas are part of. Classical because there are 12 tone elements, phasing explorations, musique concrete, classical instrumentation in parts. Noise/sound ideas taken from Germany in the 50's where Stockhausen worked, and sound pieces drawn out in a similar fashion to Xenakis' UPIC drawings. Why modern? because some of my concepts are sprung from modern visual art used in a musical context, and because the ideas I use do not belong to a historical context in the context which I use them. Why avant garde? because I cannot find other examples of these ideas being used in this manner, so I have inadvertently become one of the first. My thinking was at some points as simple as: hey, what if I did a disc with 12 tone guitar, musique concrete over drum grooves, and sprinkled in unorthodox instrumentation and electronic sounds.- That is what the "Musique Dubatronics" is.

Abstracktion was me purposefully combining nontonal/oblique guitarisms with synthesizers and sound generations which were based around geometric shapes.

Holophonics was an experiment in a 'fractal composition' approach and a composition formula which remained consistent at extreme timescales.

And the Ambient record is electronic works with loopers and synths and sequencers. Its the most 'traditional' of those works in terms of the approach used to generate it, but it also is an intentional deviation from any discernible 'form.'

The eclectic approach is simply because I could not find another way of releasing the material Ive accumulated and categorizing it in any means familiar with the average listener.

So, everything is a little of this, a little of that, and in the end I tried to make everything as balanced and value-packed as possible. But, its more or less intended to be challenging music. Its also intended to be broken up among one's record collection and sprinkled about, as I am completely aware that most compilations in this manner are sometimes too challenging for some all at once. There's a certain density which appealed to me with these 'outside' works, so I was hesitant to break any combination of them up further.