Re: BEST iPad Apps for LIVE LOOPING

Andy,

:D … no worries. I didn't know what the audio was coming off that
30-pin either.  However, this SHOULD answer the question:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Can-you-get-audio-digital-out-iPad

"Submitted by The Computer Au... on Sat, 08/14/2010 - 20:24.  Joined:
11/28/2007 .:. Offline .:. Comments: 8508
Hi ajax - I'm a bit confused
Hi ajax - I'm a bit confused at what exactly your friend is trying to
accomplish. I'm sure it's something very neat but right now I'm lost
:~)

To answer the question about the iPad outputting digital audio -> The
headphone jack is only analog. But the dock connector can output
digital audio with the camera connection kit. You can only connect to
a 16 bit USB DAC, but at least it's digital out. A good 16 bit DAC for
this is the Devilsound / Halide Design DAC."

So the answer is — if you use the headphone jack, you get ANALOG
audio. If you use anything that plugs into the 30-pin connector, like
the Alesis ioDock, you get digital audio.

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com