Re: WHY - multiply?

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Matthias Grob <matilists@gmail.com> wrote:
> since I think of myself as the creator of this function its a pleasure to
> read what great users think about it!
> its the one function I used a lot personally
> and I often felt the desire to change the short base loop after the
> multiplication, which is possible if multiply happens on a new track and
> thus only could be done with two EDPs
> then again I love unrounded multiply too... does it work on several
> tracks
> in some apps?

Great to read you chiming in on this, Matthias! I may try answering
those questions for Mobius, since I've been using that looper a lot
over the recent years. If  "unrounded multiply" would include closing
Multiply mode by Record it does not work over several tracks (for
parallel loops) in Mobius. But Mobius has another way to achieve the
same result: to apply the Instant Multiply or Instant Divide command
while having activated the Focus Lock for a number of tracks.

Since Mobius is a multi track looper the track you chose for creating
the first loop becomes the Master Track and it is according to this
track's cycle length all other track are realigning for track sync.
But there is a command to change the Master Track during a looping
session. If the new Master Track has been modified by "unrounded
multiply" I assume the result will be a new tempo and a new cycle
length as the quantization grid for the rest of the session (if that
was what you meant by "change the short base loop"?)

> so I am even thinking of building the Evoloop without loop saving
> function!

I second that decision. Today's world is already full of recording
devices, so there's no need to clutter up a performance instrument
with that function.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com