Re: Cheapish iPads?

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:11 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> OK.. I came in late in the iPad story, they always looked pretty silly to
> me, and now all my geek friends have tired of theirs,(lets face it, you
> HAVE
> to look up actors names on imdb just because you can), so Im a bit
> backward
> in "padSpeak"
>
> Whats 3G got to do with it? Is that the new thing that everyone want so
> the
> old ones are cheap?
>
> Here in Norway, everyones got too much money, so maybe ( if theres a new
> one
> just come out), I should just go check some skips (dumpsters).

You're right! When we I played at Oslo concert hall a couple of years
ago me and a friend found loads of usable things thrown away in a
dumpster in central Oslo. Fully functional voice memo recorders and
office telephones that could be lined directly into a PA mixer (that
we actually used in the concert).

But hey - the iPad itslef does not "look silly" - it's the user who does!
:-))

Per
(dreaming about an iPad with real knobs and faders)