Ableton Live?

I am thinking of diving into the world of synchronized live looping, using drum samples, etc. Right now the way I am going this is quite cumbersome. I am loading up sound files and playing them in Max/MSP, then I am manually looping them with Mobius (in Max/MSP as a VST), then playing over that.

I was researching the newest version of Live and it looks promising. I can apparently host my VSTs, like Reaktor, load up waves, etc, loop in real time.

Any thoughts? Is this the right choice?

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire