Re: Which macbook for live audio?

I've definitely read about issues with Lion and plug-ins, so I'll take that into consideration.

I don't need the latest and greatest (been running my macbook since 2008), but I would like something that can provide me about three years of solid performance and reliability. Additionally, I need it to be powerful enough to run plugins/loopers, as well as act as a sequencer for hardware.

I'll probably make this computer music-only, and continue using this 2008 model for internet / whatever.

Is there much of a difference between the i5 and i7?