Re: Why...?

Great post man!

I have been very happily married for 17 years.  I did indeed get into
music for the chicks and social status but over time I actually got good
at it and got interested in talkinga bout other matters in my music.  And
life got a lot easier and healthier when I stopped stay out out late after
gigs trying to get into someone's pants.

On Oct 23, 2011, at 8:59 AM, chaz worm wrote:

> I think most musicians are reluctant to admit their true motivating
> factor: Chicks.
> We generally are sub par on the looks category and we want chicks we're
> not "entitled to".
> That is why a band generally starts going downhill when a member gets
> married.
> I've been married now 14 years and my band, Earth, Worm and Fire, has
> pretty much finally petered out. The other creative force (and far more
> talented) has been married 15-16 years.
>
> That is why I loop. I like playing funny music and making people laugh.
> But further, when you are a bass player/lead singer, it's hard to carry
> your upright to the local coffee house and sing and play and be very
> entertaining at all.
>
> Time for a new band:
> Electric Light Opry

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730
Blog:  http://cloudsurfing.gdhour.com
Web site: http://www.dgans.com
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgans
Music: http://www.cdbaby.com/all/dgans