Tool for finding an audio snippet in a bigger collection of recorded audio

This is really OT, but also, if not here, then where would I find one who could help me with something like this...

Some time ago, I had copied a snippet of audio out of a large pool of recordings (around 50-100 hours), compressed it and used it as a system sound. Now I want to find that source again, to work with that snipped (unprocessed) and its surroundings.

So I need something of a tool that would cross-correlate some, but will find the snippet in the source files even though the snippet is much hotter (not necesarrily into clipping, but rather from a -30dB to a -8dB RMS or something) than the original.

Anyone knows of a solution for this, other than listening through the whole 50-100 hours?

         Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs