Re: What do YOU do when creativity dries up?

Switch genres, instruments, (small cycles) or mediums (larger cycles, for
me that's been primarily video and writing).

I find there are synergies that can be found between these and it
definitely works to stay in a more constant creative flow but there's also
the definite possible pit falls associated with being a "jack of all
trades / master of none" and/or taking longer to finish projects, etc.

For extremely small cycles, I use intoxicants / sobriety, brute force,
talking to the muse, creative exorcises (such as making a song from
over-heard lines at a bar or coffee shop or from a dream, etc), add
reverb, new sound, new style, copy something then alter it, a careful
listening session (if music, reading if writing, film or artistic videos
if video, etc... in other words, consume the medium), naps.