Looper's Delight Compilation IV...

Since there's a Thursday gap before the full LY2k+1 festivities begin...

I thought I'd mention here publicly how well the latest Looper's Delight Compilation (the fourth) came out. I received my copies on this side of the world a few days ago, and frankly, I'm shocked: shocked at how good it is. This community continues to amaze and delight on so many levels.

The tracks themselves are a diverse yet coherent collection. It's surprising to think that 13 looping artists from all over the world could show so many divergent backgrounds, yet produce a compilation that flows nearly seamlessly from one musical vision to the next. Together, they compile a box of pretty matches, each a different color. One match may be more indigo or another may be quite too red, yet together they all burn in a single coherent flame.

And the production on each track is superb. Despite the fact that most (all?) were certainly recorded in home or project studios, you'd be hard-pressed to hear any deficiency in the production standards.

Overall, the quality is top-notch. I know many felt that we should eschew a physical article for download-only, but organizer David Kirkdorffer stuck to his guns and produced a truly high quality release -- from the selection & arrangement, through the mastering & production process, to packaging & final release. I look at it in my hand, and know that it feels and sounds every bit like a professional release from an established label.

David did a great job of the curation. And Ted Killian deserves an extra-special nod for the amazing and beautiful cover design that he was able to bring to the project. I think they both deserve a special thank you for all their hard work.

I know that there should be quite a few copies available at the merchandise table at Loopfest. I'd recommend any who gets a chance to grab a copy and give it a listen for themselves. You won't regret it, IMNSHO.

        --m.