Re: setting up Mac for audio - questions

Firewire can be daisy-chained. Thus no need for a hub. Avoid USB for
audio if possible (USB data transmission capacity flutter with varying
CPU load).

It's more safe to use extra drives for your project recordings. Best
is two drives, where you copy files to keep them identical. This
serves two causes: you back up your work and you never have to suffer
downtime to defrag the work dirves (given you reformat a drive before
copying all work files to it).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se