Re: Multiple instruments to one effect rack/pedal board?

Yes.  There are a few ways to do it from A/B/Y type pedals (I think Radial Engineering does this), to DI's, to having a separate dedicated mixer.  I think that is what KT Tunstall does.  She sends her guitar and vocals into a mixer then into her board/Akai Headrush Looper.

I am sure someone can point to more specific gear to do this, but I'd imagine a separate mixer would be pretty cost effective.  It would also get you better control of the signal going into your board.  Obviously, it needs an instrument level out, though.
Mike Fugazzi
Quicksilver Custom Harmonicas