Fantastic Percussion Looper, Matt Kilmer

A beautiful use of Wavedrum Looping with Ableton Live and an iPad
running Touch OSC  by Matt Kilmer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF8fL_sgAzY&feature=related

This clip really excites me.

(((((((((((()))))))))))))

A couple of tech questions for the cognoscenti:

I'm not that familiar with Ableton's live..........How is he able to
map his keyboard to do the small micro retriggers of his recording
and still keep the tempo and placement in his original loop?

I've seen this done in Stutter Edit software, but wasn't aware of it as a technique
in Live.

Also,   can you preset 'effects'  groups before you record your first loop
in Ableton's?

This is, quite honestly, the first time that I've wanted to own a Wavedrum.

A very hip track and Matt is just a 'killer'  finger percussionist!!!!!