Re: GR-55 (Re: What is Boyson doing exactly?)

I'm finally back at my HQ and played the GR-55 through the Genelec
studio monitors and it sounds so good I thought I should post a short
note to tell, as I wasn't overly enthusiastic in my previous post
after having tried it with bad amplifications on the road. For some
gigs the GR-55 is going to replace my Fireface400; the guitar
synthesizer doubling up also as the audio interface and MIDI interface
for a USB inserted laptop looper.

The GR-55's effects are quite useful to me; I can do most stuff I
usually set up with plugins on the lappy, even cross fading multiple
parameters in the expression pedal to freeze audio with a volume pedal
in a simple loop before the main looper. Modulation options are
exciting and you even have "Internal Expression Pedals"! A more
accurate description would be to call it "a sweep" (like it's called
in the Gordius Little Giant) because the most important factor is the
Time parameter where you set how long time the virtual pedal will need
to morph the value from the lowest to the hightest (or the other
direction). Most things on the box can be used as source to trigger
such an Internal Expression Pedal - but unfortunately not signal at
the audio input, like Duke teased us with from the VG99. That's a bit
of a bummer, but I found that you an create an organic attack in a
multi effect environment by using compression, so it's not all bad.
I've spent many hours tonight balancing signals that meet in a
compressor, tweeking level and EQ pre compressor for each signal.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com