Re: RE: Midi out from edp.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
Hey folks,

This is a gentle reminder to please edit your replies to long threads.

Indeed Rick! Will do!!

To be fair, this thread HAS been very long, there have been 22 mails in 2 days, and in 5 of them I can see that the previous (long) mail was replied to. We must get better at that. However there IS something to be said for leaving the mail below your mail, so that people that come in late can see what you were responding too. Otherwise Rickys, insightful "Understandable" mail, would seem somewhat out of place!
Luckily it seems that none of us were recieving the digest version, because when that was popular..OMG, THEN we saw some long threads!!!

Best practice is always to edit the prev mail and quote the bit you wanna comment on.

And finally, I just f***ing love the internet, this thread proves it. My initial mail, sent mid rehearsal in Oslo in frustration was answered by Ricky as we were still there, which gave us a hint, not a solution, but a hint to try something that worked, and saved the evening! Then through selfless help, many have come with suggestions, until now, finally I have lugged my rack into place, have plugged in the midi interface, and will now fire up midi monitor and get to the bottom of this fascinating problem!

Over and out!

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com