Re: Roland (was Old Guitar Synths) DD-20

You can set the longer times with 1/100s accuracy, so in fact you have
2300 hundreds of second, which is far from prime.
The time seems less odd if you think of tempos other than 120 BPM.

I guess Boss wanted a huge amount of delay time, let's say more than 16 seconds (!), but RAM sizes are quantized (to use a musical term), so they ended up with 23 sec.
They could limit the time to a 'better' number like 20. Would it be better?

DD-20 is a very good pedal and I find little to desire from a 'delay' point of view. There could have been a sensible vari-speed at least for tape and analog modes
(which could also run in stereo, instead of summing the signal to mono).
I miss also an optional 'immediate' mode for knobs for changing parameters without the need to pass through the stored setting value. And the LCD light is a bit annoying
as I need to turn it on every time I switch the unit on.

Michał

Kevin,

Yep, I think your right - a prime number, argh!!!

I guess it's been a while since I had mine out and looked at it or messed
with it.

I've been in MaxMSP land for a while.

Sorry, my mistake.

:-(