Re: Roland gr55

Sounds interesting, but I think it must be a patch. I really looked
closely for arps and right now I read the manual a second time without
founding a word on that (although the looper is called "Phrase Loop").
You know, since there is a tap tempo option and patches can be
rhythmic regarding LFO controlled filtered for beeps 'n boops it might
sound pretty "sequenced".

I too remember having seen a video that sounded sequenced and also
being titled in that direction... Don't remember more about that - but
if you have the URL for that video, please post it!

It's too bad the GR-55 doesn't accept external MIDI input. My plan is
to run an arp + synth on a parallel laptop, feeding a MIDI output from
the GR into the arp/synth.

Back in the early nineties I had this awesome box called Oberheim
Cyclone, a standalone arp connected by a MIDI cable to a rack synth
module, that I fed MIDI from my MIDI Guitar while also playing normal
guitar pickup output through an amp - and that was great! But since
Oberheim discontinued the Cyclone nothing in the software world has
really taken over that (i.e. laptops not powerful enough to run both
arp and synth... but that might work with today's i7 lappies?)

Per