Re: R: Re: Hardware shopping for Les Paul

What'$ the word on the street about Burstbucker pu's?

Paul

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

From: luigimeloni74@libero.it <luigimeloni74@libero.it>;
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>;
Subject: R: Re: Hardware shopping for Les Paul
Sent: Sat, Aug 13, 2011 6:14:49 PM

Hi Louie. I totally agree with Bill. You should keep the guitar as original as
possible (and keep the original parts if you change them). From what you say,
one of the problems is the grounding of the guitar. Probably using some contact
cleaner and checking the soldering could solve some of the problems. Regarding
the pickups, once you have checked the pots, solderings and capacitors, if the
squealing continues you have to found a good technician and make him wax them
again. This isn't difficult to do, but a qualified technician is required, in
order not to break the pickups, since the pickup covers have to be unsoldered
and resoldered to wax them.

Ciao
Luigi