Advice Sought: Installing Win Xp on a Macbook Pro using Boot Camp

Hi folks,

I just got a secondary internal hard drive (500g) for my
Mac Book Pro

*Model Name:    MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:    MacBookPro3,1
  Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:    2.6 GHz
  Number Of Processors:    1
  Total Number Of Cores:    2
  L2 Cache:    4 MB
  Memory:    2 GB
  Bus Speed:    800 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:    MBP31.0070.B07*

What I would love to do is to install Win XP Pro Service Pack 2 onto this harddrive using Boot Camp
along with OS X on a separate and, hopefully, very small partition.

The goal is to have as large a partition possible for Win XP and as small a partition as possible for OSX.

I've discovered that swapping out harddrives is very simple and takes very little time, so I have a 320gb HD
running OSX on one harddrive as a back up.

Does anyone have any advice for me in terms of what the smallest partition I can get away with for a very, very stripped down version of OSX (mostly for e-mail and simple browsing)?

I'm very nervous about doing this, but I think it will be the perfect solution for me (and save me hundreds of dollars that I just don't have now by not having to go out and buy a Win XP exclusive laptop).

Just so you know, my mind's made up about wanting to use WIN XP (mostly because of the presence of FL Studio Pro, Vegas Video, Sony Sound Forge and Sony Acid) so please don't try to dissuade me from my course for all the typical Mac-centric reasons that people tend to have. I KNOW it's virus free and runs really simply and elegantly compared to WIN XP. I still want to do this in this fashion.

I just need to figure out how to do this if anyone has any experience with it.

Thanks so much for all of your advice in advance.  I really appreciate it.

yours,   Rick Walker